- This event has passed.
[NSW] Valpolicella Education Program – Advanced Level 2 Valpolicella Scholar
Date: May 20#10:00 am-2:30 pm AEST
The Valpolicella Education Program (VEP) is a complete educational project about the wines and the area of Valpolicella, structured in three progressive levels of study with standardized programs. Levels 1 and 2 are offered through a network of VEP certified educators in various countries of the world under the supervision of the Consortium for the tutelage of Valpolicella wines that guarantees the high level of competence. Level 3 is taught exclusively in Valpolicella by the Technical Scientific Committee of the VEP, composed of university professors and experts of the relative topics.
The Sydney Wine Academy is excited to host the inaugural Valpolicella Education Program (VEP) – level 2 in Australia with guest lecturer Cameron Jones DipWSET and is partially funded by Consorzio Tutela Vini Valpolicella.
Students will receive a certificate on completion of the multiple-choice exam and blind tasting at the end of the session.
Six to eight wines will be tasted during the course.
This course is designed for wine enthusiasts and professionals interested in increasing their knowledge about the Valpolicella region. This course consists of one lesson divided into two parts.
What you will learn
The first part will include the following topics:
- The terroir and the different production zones: the Valpolicella wine production territory, in its complexity, is extremely suitable to produce quality wines.
- The native grape varieties of Valpolicella: Valpolicella wines are produced from blends of different grape varieties.
- The Appassimento: one of the techniques that makes the production of wine in Valpolicella unique is the one of the appassimento (drying grapes) in the so called “fruttai”
The second part will deal with the essential elements concerning the following aspects of wines:
- Production styles and winemaking techniques: in Valpolicella, red wines are produced using the same blend, but with different alcohol contents, structure, and commercial positioning.
- Commercial and legal aspects: there will be provided notions on the positioning on the world markets of Valpolicella wines, the key factors on traceability and protection of Valpolicella wines.
- The history of Recioto and Amarone: the viticultural tradition of Valpolicella was born in Roman times and passed down through the centuries to the present day.
For more information and to book please visit: https://www.sydneywineacademy.edu.au/course/valpolicella-education-program—advanced-level-2-valpolicella-scholar