The Professional level of membership is suitable for anyone working in the wine industry:
- beverage/floor staff at a hospitality venue;
- directors of wine programmes;
- retail wine sales staff;
- wine distribution/sales staff;
- winery/cellar door staff.
These frontline ‘wine industry professionals’ would choose to be a Professional member because they believe it will help their own education and career opportunities, and feel that it is important to be part of an association that speaks for them and to them. Professional membership is not based on knowledge or experience, but rather involvement in the industry.
Please note: In some instances, tastings and educational activities may only be open to Professional members who are able to prove that they are working sommeliers. e.g. Specialist/limited access masterclasses, Education Scholarship, Best Sommelier of Australia competition.
Professional membership schedule of benefits:
- Membership is valid for 12 months, from 1 July until 30 June, with membership renewal rolling annually on 1 July;
- Free and discounted tickets for tasting, education and networking events;
- Early access to discounted tickets for major events such as the Warriors of Wine, Wine Faults and Sensory Workshops;
- Exclusive access to a range of specialised tastings for Professional members only;
- Only Professional members can apply to enter scholarship and education programme opportunities, such as the Education Scholarship or Best Sommelier of Australia competition;
- 4 events can be posted free of charge to the Events Calendar (valued at $200);
- Jobs advertisements can be placed on the Jobs Board at discounted rate of $100 each (usually $150).
- Access to exclusive Members Only Offers listed on the My Account dashboard;
- Access to all e-newsletters and mailouts;
- Full access to all areas of the website, including downloadable Members Resources
(event recordings and information videos, online wine region resources, education resources and information sheets).
VALUE OF BENEFITS $250+
Professional membership can be purchased at any time, at a pro-rata rate, however all renewals will roll annually on 1 July.
All membership prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST. Membership is neither refundable or transferable unless there are exceptional circumstances.
$100.00 on June 30th each year
First payment prorated. Next payment: 30 June, 2024