[NSW] Byron Bay: WSET Level 2 in Wine (3 day course) with Wine Spirit Training
WSET Level 2 in Wine (3 day course) with Wine Spirit Training in Byron Bay
Dates: 14, 15 and 16 September 2021 – three full days commencing at 10am
Venue: The Byron Bay Services Club
Exam: Thursday 16 September 2021
Registration (with payment) closes: 31 August 2021
Registration Now Open – Cost $950
The WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines explores the wines of the world and includes a wine tasting in each class.
The program has been designed to provide vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry with little knowledge of the broad range of international alcoholic beverages. It is ideal for those seeking a good level of product knowledge, job skills and competencies in handling international wines and spirits. The program is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who wish to expand their knowledge of international wines.
Those obtaining the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines will be able to interpret the labels of the major wines of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- Factors that influence the main styles of wine
- Characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- Key labeling terms on a bottle to deduce the style and flavours of wines made in key regions and from the regions principal grape variety
- Principles of food & wine matching in relation to the wine styles being tasted and discussed
- WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting to produce descriptions of wines
- Information and advice on the correct storage and service of wines
- Participation in a one-hour multiple choice examination is required in the final session.