[NAT] Best Sommelier of Australia 2020 – registration extended to 31 March
Date: March 31 @ 5:00 pm
Registration has been extended to 5pm, Tuesday 31 March.
The Best Sommelier of Australia 2020 competition is an endeavour to highlight the exceptional service and knowledge standards achieved by the professional sommelier community working within Australia.
Conducted by the Sommeliers Australia Education Sub-Committee every three years, the competition will rigorously investigate individual performances in areas of service, tasting and knowledge that are required at the highest echelons of the profession.
To qualify for the Competition, potential candidates must:
- be a current ‘Professional’ member of Sommeliers Australia*
- be actively working as a sommelier in the hospitality industry
- have completed at least WSET Level 3, CMS Advanced, or have equivalent industry experience
- provide a current CV outlining relevant employment and education information
- be available to attend all stages of the competition process.
NOTE: To compete in ASI regional and international competitions (i.e. ASI Best Sommelier of Asia & Oceania 2021 competition) all candidates representing Australia must have been working in Australia for 3 or more years.
* In the case of current extenuating financial circumstances: Any sommelier in a legitimate position to compete in the Best Sommelier of Australia 2020 competition (all other criteria are fulfilled) but not able to renew/purchase a Professional membership, is asked to email Imbi Knappstein at email@example.com with a copy of their current CV, to discuss options available to them.
REGISTRATION TO COMPETE
Candidates must indicate their intent to compete by registering to sit the Stage 1 | Entrance Exam in their State by completing the online registration/application form. Registrations must be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday 31 March 2020.
As part of the registration process, it is strongly recommended that applicants take part in one of the Sommelier Competition Q&A sessions being held in Sydney and Melbourne.
Please review the full details regarding the Best Sommelier of Australia 2020 competition and programme, prior to submitting your registration.