Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | 11-14 September 2022
In conjunction with ASI (Association de la Sommellerie), Sommeliers Australia is pleased to announce the second edition of ASI Bootcamp, to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 11-14 September 2022.
Designed as an intense training camp for sommeliers striving to achieve a new height in their career, ASI Bootcamp offers a three-day marathon of masterclasses and blind tastings with the best tutors: winners of the ASI Best Sommelier of the World, Masters of Wine, ASI Gold Diploma holders, ASI Partners!
Bootcamp will be open to a total of 45 sommeliers selected from around the world, with 36 spots reserved for sommeliers from Asia and Oceania, and 9 spots for international applicants.
Sommeliers Australia is able to put forward 3 candidate nominations to the ASI Bootcamp Selection Jury for the final selection process. The 45 selected Bootcamp candidates will be announced by ASI on 15 July.
Potential candidates must be a Professional member of Sommeliers Australia and be able to demonstrate their desire to achieve a high level of sommellerie, such as winning their country’s sommelier contest, ASI Continental contest and Best Sommelier of the World contest, or attain the coveted ASI Diploma.
If you are interested in being nominated to attend ASI Bootcamp in Malaysia, please read the following Application Process, Criteria and Conditions information VERY CAREFULLY before submitting your application.
If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate in contacting email@example.com for more information.
STEP 1: To be selected for Bootcamp Nomination
- Interested Sommeliers Australia Professional members need to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 20 June, including:
- An application letter explaining why the applicant should be selected
- A current CV highlighting relevant sommelier, wine and service experience, wine education and outline any competitions/scholarships participated in.
- Sommeliers Australia’s Bootcamp Selection Panel will assess all applications, and shortlist 3 Nominees.
- Sommeliers Australia will advise the successful Nominees that their applications have been put forward to ASI for consideration.
- Sommeliers Australia will forward Nominee’s contact details directly to the ASI Bootcamp Selection Jury for the final selection process.
STEP 2: Registration of Nominated Candidates
- Nominated candidates will receive an email from ASI containing a link to the registration form.
- Nominated candidates will need to complete the registration form, and submit the following information ASAP to be considered in the final assessment process:
- Their original application letter;
- Their current CV;
- A 2 minute video, consisting of a short presentation of who they are followed by a presentation of a national/typical beverage from their country;
- A Letter of Commitment to attend the Bootcamp, stating they understand the challenges of the training and necessity to be at all classes/workshops;
- High resolution photo.
- The ASI Bootcamp Selection Jury will assess all nominations, and will make the final announcement of Bootcamp Candidates on 15 July.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Mandatory application criteria
- Applicants must be a current Professional member of Sommeliers Australia for 2021/2022 at the time of applying for nomination
- Applicants may not have ever reached the semi-finals of any ASI Continental or Best Sommelier of the World contest.
- Should they be offered a Bootcamp place, candidates will be required to have a current 2022/2023 Sommeliers Australia Professional membership
- Proficiency in English is required to participate in Bootcamp.
Conditions of participation:
- Selected Candidates will need to pay the registration fee of €100 directly to ASI to secure their spot at Bootcamp. This includes training, accommodations, and meals. Payment by credit card or bank transfer only, deadline: Sunday 14 August.
- Candidates will have to book and cover the cost of their flights and transportation from and to airport/Bootcamp location.
- Candidates will need to provide the necessary travel documentation to be able to enter Malaysia where the Bootcamp is taking place (visa, valid passport, Covid-19 tests as required, etc.)
TO SUMBIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR NOMINATION: please email email@example.com and include all of the required documentation.
The cut-off for applications is 5pm (AEST), Monday 20 June 2022.
*Sommeliers Australia Bootcamp Selection Panel: Sommeliers Australia President Sarah Andrew and selected National Executive Committee members.