Quito, Ecuador | 29 October to 1 November 2023
In conjunction with ASI (Association de la Sommellerie) Sommeliers Australia is pleased to announce the third edition of Bootcamp – ASI Bootcamp Americas –to be held in Quito, Ecuador, from 29 October until 1 November 2023.
Designed as an intense training camp for sommeliers striving to achieve a new height in their career, ASI Bootcamp Americas offers a three-day marathon of masterclasses and blind tastings conducted by the world’s leading experts such as Best Sommeliers of the World, Masters of Wine and Master Sommeliers, including: Sören Polonius, Marc Almert, Pascaline Lepeltier, Michelle Bouffard, Veronique Rivest, Andreas Matthidis, Emily Wines, Nathan Keffer…
Bootcamp will be open to a total of 48 sommeliers selected from around the world. 36 places will be offered to sommeliers from within ASI’s Americas region while the remaining 12 spots are reserved for international applicants.
Only 1 candidate nomination can be submitted by Sommeliers Australia to the ASI Bootcamp Selection Jury for the final selection process. The final selection of Bootcamp candidates will be announced by ASI in late July/August.
Potential candidates must be a current Professional member of Sommeliers Australia to apply (and to participate) and be able to demonstrate their desire to achieve a high level of sommellerie, whether that be taking part in their country’s sommelier contest, ASI Continental (regional) or World contests, attain the coveted ASI Diploma, or simply take their skill level to the next echelon!
If you are interested in being nominated to attend ASI Bootcamp in Ecuador, please read the following Application Process, Criteria and Conditions information VERY CAREFULLY before submitting your application.
STEP 1: To be selected for Bootcamp Nomination
- Interested Sommeliers Australia Professional members need to submit to [email protected] by 5pm Friday 23 June, including:
- An application letter explaining why they should be selected
- A current CV highlighting relevant sommelier, wine and service experience, wine education and outline any competitions/scholarships participated in.
- Sommeliers Australia’s Bootcamp Selection Panel will assess all applications, and shortlist one Nominee.
- Sommeliers Australia will advise the successful Nominee that their application has been put forward to ASI for consideration.
- Sommeliers Australia will forward the Nominee’s contact details directly to the ASI BootcampSelection Jury for the final selection process.
STEP 2: Registration of Nominated Candidate
- The Nominated candidate will receive an official nomination letter from Sommeliers Australia and an email from ASI containing a link to the online registration form.
- Nominated candidates will need to complete the registration form (before 7 July cut-off), and submit the following information to be considered in the final assessment process:
- Their original application letter, explaining why the nominee should be selected;
- An official nomination letter from Sommeliers Australia, signed by President Sarah Andrew;
- A 2 minute video, consisting of a short introduction of themselves (name, etc) and the presentation of a national/typical beverage from Australia;
- A Letter of Commitment to attend the Bootcamp, stating they understand the challenges of the training and necessity to be at all classes/workshops (running from 8am-6pm);
- High resolution photo;
- Current CV.
- The ASI Bootcamp Selection Jury will assess all nominations, and will make the final announcement of Bootcamp Candidates in late July/August.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Mandatory application criteria
- Applicants must be a current Professional member of Sommeliers Australia for 2022/2023 at the time of applying for nomination;
- Applicants may not have ever reached the semi-finals of any ASI Continental or World contest;
- Should they be offered a Bootcamp place, candidates will be required to have a current 2023/2024 Sommeliers Australia Professional membership
- Proficiency in English is required to participate in Bootcamp.
Conditions of participation:
- Selected Candidates will need to pay the registration fee of €100 directly to ASI to secure their spot at Bootcamp. This fee covers training, accommodation, and meals.
- Payment by credit card or bank transfer only, deadline: Friday 25 August.
- Candidates will have to book and cover the cost of their flights, travel insurance and transportation from and to Airport/Bootcamp location.
- Candidates will need to provide the necessary travel documentation to be able to enter Ecuador where the Bootcamp is taking place (visa, valid passport, Covid-19 tests as required, etc.)
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR NOMINATION
Please email [email protected] with the required documentation (application letter and CV) before the cut-off, 5pm (AEST) Friday 23 June 2023.
If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate in contacting [email protected] for more information.
*Sommeliers Australia Bootcamp Selection Panel: Sommeliers Australia President Sarah Andrew and selected National Executive Committee members.