- This event has passed.
[VIC] WSET Level 2 – Seven Week Course 25/2/20
Date: February 25, 2020#6:30 pm-8:30 pm
THE WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES – SEVEN-WEEK COURSE.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
Wine tasting is a part of every session, there is a strong European focus.
This course runs for 7 consecutive weeks every Tuesday evening from 6:30pm – 8:30pm starting on the 25th February 2020 with one intensive Saturday on the 28th of March from 11am – 5pm. The Level 2 examination will be held on the final night of the course on Tuesday the 7th of April.
– How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
– How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/ Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
– The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties; produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
– How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of: Sparkling wines, Fortified wines
– Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
– Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
Please note: no refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels. Please note there is a re-sit exam fee of $150 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason.
We recommend students download and read the specifications here prior to booking.
All other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org