[VIC] Hemingway in Havana – The Ball
Date: August 26 @ 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm
“If the trade winds were good, Hemingway might make his way to Havana Harbor … But on other days, he would take the ornate caged elevator down from Room 511 to the lobby and make his way out to the sun-speckled street. It was just a 10-minute stroll through Old Havana from Hotel Ambos Mundos to El Floridita, Hemingway’s favorite bar.”
The Cocktail King Of Cuba: The Man Who Invented Hemingway’s Favorite Daiquiri
Nicole Jankowski, npr.org
Get ready to revel in the steamy beauty of the Caribbean and South America, and the decadence of Hemingway inspired cocktails – we’re taking The Ball to Panama!
With rum cocktails and champagne on arrival, the Panama Dining Room kitchen will match their stylish seasonal menu to our sultry selection of wine. A Rum Bar will be open during the evening, stocked with some of our favourite tipples, ready to be iced, built or stirred.
Sommeliers Australia members, friends and wine industry folk are all invited to immerse themselves in the tropics and eat, drink, dance and be merry.
- Cocktails and champagne on arrival
- Canapes, ‘Feasting’ main course, cheese and roaming desserts
- Selection of wines
- Rum Bar with a selection of imported and Australian rums
- DJ, dancing, good conversation
Think warm tropical nights and dress yourself ready for a Caribbean cocktail party!
COST & BOOKINGS:
Sommeliers Australia Member Only – $135 + booking fee
Individual seat – Non-member – $155 + booking fee
Table of 10 – $1350 + booking fee
CLICK HERE to book your seat(s) via Eventbrite.
PLEASE NOTE: Bookings are essential, and tickets will only be sold until Sunday 19 August, 5pm unless booked out prior.
Dietary restrictions – please note any dietary restrictions/allergies at the time of booking.
Seating – if you’d like to be seated with other friends attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. We’ll do our absolute best to seat groups together.
Sommeliers Australia would like to thank the following (ever growing!) list of supporting suppliers…
– Panama Dining Room – Good Measure Bar – Marionette – Calendar Cheese Co. – Champagne Ayala – Havana Club – Husk Distillery – The Grove Distillery – Canefire – Lord Byron Distillery – Riverbourne Distillery – Melbourne Gin Co. – Torbreck – Admiral Rodney – HSE – Navy Strength Ice Co. – Mt Ossa – The Other Wine Co. – Curly Flat – Louis Pommery – Primavera Selections –