- This event has passed.
[Online] WSET Level 3 Course with Melbourne Wine House
Date: November 1, 2021#8:00 am-5:00 pm AEDT
STUDY THIS ESSENTIAL WINE QUALIFICATION AT HOME.
Candidates must book in no later than 6pm on the 21st October 2021.
Gain an extensive understanding of wines through this online study programme that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course.
This course is designed to develop your ability to describe wine accurately and account in detail for the style, quality and price of wines. It is an essential wine qualification.
– The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
– The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
– How to apply your understanding to make authoritative recommendations
– How to taste wines and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
– A one-on-one Tasting Tutorial via Zoom/Skype
– Online tastings of a minimum of 12 general styles of wines (we do offer a pack of 18 wines or 12 wines for a discounted price)
The course is delivered online and you have 9 weeks to complete it from the 1st November 2021 to the 2nd January 2022. You can study the course at your own pace.
A minimum of 10 hours study per week is recommended to a successful completion of the course. Regular access and participation is essential.
Exam will be held at Wine House Australia, 133 Queensbridge Street, Southbank VIC 3006. Date and Time is to be advised.
The cost of $1100 includes access to our Online Classroom, online tuition, study pack and examination.
Additionally we offer a selected pack of Wines from the Syllabus for the tasting component of the course. You can choose from an 18 wine pack at a discounted price of $720 or a 12 wine pack at a discounted price of $520.
*Extra delivery fee (for wines and/or study materials) may apply to areas out of Metro Melbourne, you will be contacted if your order falls into this category.
No refunds will be issued within 10 working days prior to the start of the course. Before that period a 75% refund is allowed if a student cancels their enrolment. A 100% refund will apply if Wine House cancels. There is a re-sit exam fee of $180 if a student does not attend the exam for any reason or fails the exam.
Please note that your booking details are transferred to WSET for registration.
We recommend students download and read the specification here: https://www.wsetglobal.com/media/4701/wset_l3wines_specification_en_jul2017.pdf prior to booking.
For all other enquiries please contact [email protected]