[NSW] Court of Master Sommeliers – Advanced Sommelier Certificate (5 days)
Date: August 15
By invitation only
The Advanced Sommelier Certificate course is intended for persons with extensive wine service experience and who wish to develop their knowledge and service skills to a higher level.
Prospective candidates should be aware that the level is significantly higher than the Certified Sommelier Certificate and that it is, therefore, necessary to carry out considerable study in preparation for this course.
The programme is conducted over five days, with the final two and a half days devoted to examinations.
The lectures are presented by Master Sommeliers using a power-point format interspersed with a number of wine tastings, plus a practical service demonstration.
Candidates who satisfactorily gain this certificate will be able to:
- Discuss, recommend and serve aperitifs, spirits and liqueurs, displaying a sound knowledge of the products.
- Select, prepare and position glassware necessary for the service of drinks in the lounge, restaurant, function room or private suite.
- Present, offer, prepare (decanting where necessary) and serve wines, demonstrating a high degree of efficiency and proficiency.
- Discuss menu content and wine lists, recommending wines to accompany food, displaying a sound knowledge of the products, their vintages and characteristics.
- Handle queries and complaints with skill and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Beverage Management including an ability to train beverage servers.
- Demonstrate an ability to sell.
- Orally describe the characteristics of wines.
- Analyse classic styles of wine, identifying where appropriate, grape varieties, country and district of origin, vintage and quality level.
Download Advanced Sommelier Certificate information:
Court of Master Sommeliers Oceania Advanced Sommelier Certificate 2020
Date: Aug 15 – 19, 2021
Venue: Establishment Rooms
Availability: Fully Booked, Waitlist Only
For more information please contact the Court of Master Sommeliers Oceania: email@example.com