- This event has passed.
[NAT] La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Young Sommeliers Competition – applications closing
Date: April 30
Applications close today!
The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs annual “International Jeunes Sommeliers Competition” offers young sommeliers the opportunity to present their skills and “savoir faire” under highly competitive, intense and gruelling testing conditions.
The Competition has the goal of developing the expertise of young wine and spirit professionals with a special emphasis placed on service skills.
The focus of the Competition is not on those already at or approaching the top of their profession (e.g. those working towards or holding the Advanced Sommelier or Master Sommelier qualifications with the Court of Master Sommeliers) but at those young professionals who are still developing their skills (e.g. at the level of Certified Sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers) and those for whom participating in an international competition would bring great benefit, both from an educational point of view as well as one of broadening their experience.
National Finals – Prizes
- $4,000 plus funding to cover attendance at the International Finals in September
- Second Place $2,000
- Third Place $1,000
Competition time frame 2023
- Regional Written Tests – early May
- National Finals Sydney – 20 June
- All interstate finalists will receive an airfare and a night’s accommodation in Sydney
- International Finals will be hosted by the Bailliage (Chapter) of Slovenia in Ljubljana between 12 and 17 September
- All travel and competition costs are covered for those competing at the International Finals.
Please enter via the Australian Competition Webpage
Qualified applicants must be at least 21 (twenty one) years of age and not be older than 28 (twenty eight) on the advertised start date of the International Final in the year in which they are participating.
For further information please contact:
John D C Studdert
La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
Director Young Sommeliers Competition Australia
+61 411063839 or [email protected]