- This event has passed.
[ONLINE] TSA’s ISO-SOMM School – Valencia
Date: August 22#3:00 pm-5:00 pm
Welcome to ISO-SOMM School!
Here’s a special program for our beloved (temporarily stalled) Victorian bar and restaurant wine people (interstaters are welcome to join in as well!).
While you can’t strut your stuff on the floor, we’re pumping out some gear for you to buff up on.
Wine to taste, reading to flesh it out, and …. an on-line school session once a week.
It’s a 8 week program, in the process a tour of Spain’s major regions and best small owner-grower-maker organic hand-craft producers.
Each week will look like this:
- Monday we’ll release new wines from (and an updated note file) on one major small producer.
We’ll deliver a pack of wines from this special producer, at cost price, so you can taste (yes, drink!!) really cheaply at home.
- Thursday, we’ll invite you to a zoom tasting.
- Saturday afternoon, you can open them and taste/talk live with Scott. Then cook something great, and you have Saturday and Sunday to drink them all up! Learning and drinking ……..
And the next week, it repeats!
The 8 week program
- Week 1 (zoom Saturday August 8): Aixala I Alcait, village Priorats from Torroja
- Week 2 (zoom Saturday August 22): Celler del Roure, Valencia
- Week 3 (zoom Sat Aug 29): Alegre y Valgañón, la Rioja
- Week 4 (zoom Sat Sep 5): Bodegas Luis Perez (the Palominos-Finos continuum in 3 easy steps)
- Week 5 (zoom Sat Sep 12): “Villages and Soils”. This week we’ll discuss terroir closely, via two special tasting packs. The 1st is of identical Garnatxa grown in 4 discrete soils. The second explores identically-made Riojas from 2 contrasting villages.
- Week 6 (zoom Sat Sep 19): A trip through the Rio Sil of Galicia through Albariño, Godello and the Mencías of Ribeira Sacra, Bierzo & Valdeorras
- Week 7: (zoom Sat Sep 26): IPW and Los Mayetos (this is going to be our special surprise week, full of announcements and dazzling new things)
- Week 8: (zoom Sat Oct 3): New things galore! Meet DO Arribes del Duero and its special cultivar, Juan Garcia. You’ll also meet Sidra Asturiana and new Garnatxas from Terra Alta and Montsant.
How to take part
If you’re not already on TSA’s database, please email email@example.com to receive each week’s ISO-SOMM mailout.
Read, order, get ready to learn, taste and enjoy!