- This event has passed.
[NSW] Immerse Tumbarumba: a regional immersion initiative
Date: October 14, 2022#5:00 pm AEDT
* Applications close Friday 14 October *
In conjunction with Sommeliers Australia, Tumbarumba Vignerons Association invites Sommeliers Australia Professional members to apply for Immerse Tumbarumba, a unique three day immersion opportunity.
Immerse Tumbarumba will bring together sommeliers, buyers, writers and members of trade to picturesque Tumbarumba to experience everything this emerging wine region has to offer.
Historically a region that has contributed to some of Australia’s best Sparkling wines, Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, the Tumbarumba region, its wineries and brands are growing from strength to strength.
Immerse Tumbarumba is offering the opportunity for up to five Sommeliers Australia members to be transported to Tumbarumba the morning of Monday 21 November and over the following two days experience a vineyard walk and talk, three wine masterclasses, dinners, the chance to take a helicopter flight over the region and more, before departing on Wednesday 23 November. All travel, accommodation and meals will be provided for.
Through this event, the Tumbarumba Vignerons Association seeks to showcase the region’s strengths in producing premium wine and connect with a diverse range of sommeliers working in all capacities across the trade.
In order to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be based in NSW and actively working in the hospitality industry as a sommelier, wine buyer, or wine professional in a wine retail or distribution setting (applicants across all levels of industry experience are encouraged to apply);
• Submit a current CV (Word or pdf only), highlighting relevant wine and service experience;
• Have completed at least WSET Level 1 or have equivalent industry experience;
• Be available to attend Immerse Tumbarumba from 21-23 November 2022; and
• Complete a series of short answer wine related questions on the application form.
TO APPLY: please email your completed application form along with your current CV (Word or pdf only), highlighting relevant wine and service experience to [email protected] by 5pm, Friday 14 October.
Applications open Friday, 30 September.
Applications close Friday, 14 October.
Applications will be assessed the week of 17 October.
Successful applicants will be advised no later than Monday, 26 October.