Graceburn Wine Room is the tasting room and bistro for Mac Forbes Wines.
This great little space in Healesville centre divides its time between tasting room activities by day and an intimate bustling wine bar/bistro Thursday – Saturday nights.
We are seeking a fun dynamic and wine focussed FOH manager.
Located in the heart of Healesville. Graceburn Wineroom is the extension of Mac Forbes Wines.
This space is an exciting jewel in the Yarra with both the bistro (electric international wine list coupled with an amazing menu) and the Mac Forbes tasting room.
We are seeking a dynamic, fun and experienced person to lead the FOH team. Team dynamic is key and enjoyment is paramount.
About the Company:
Mac Forbes is one of Australia’s most preeminent and colourful winemakers, largely acknowledged for his world renowned Pinot Noir and Chardonnay produced in the Yarra Valley. ‘Graceburn’ is in the regional town of Healesville. In 2018 Mac expanded his Graceburn Wine Room to include a Bistro – a full service restaurant featuring an unrivalled array of wines from leading producers from all over the world.
Key Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Management of the day to day working operations of Graceburn
- Build a profitable business.
- Prepare annual budgets, weekly reports and marketing plans in conjunction with the Mac Forbes finance and marketing teams.
- Manage and mentor the team members, roster, train, motivate, attract the best people so that Graceburn is known for efficient, knowledgeable, approachable and friendly service.
- Manage FOH with Chef to ensure costings are within budget
- Develop and implement a wine program to increase in revenue and growth.
- Research and source all wine and other beverages for the venue
- Develop and implement a communication plan to build the awareness of Graceburn and that also supports and reinforces the Mac Forbes brand key messages.
Ideally you will have:
- Formal qualifications or at least 3 years’ experience in hospitality/restaurant management
- Gained or working towards a professional wine qualification such as WSET
- Great communication skills
Applicants should provide an up to date copy of their CV. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.