About the Restaurant
Ten Minutes by Tractor is fine dining restaurant located in the beautiful hinterland of the Mornington Peninsula, only one hour from Melbourne.
The restaurant reflects our philosophy to making wine; that is, attention to detail and showcasing the wonderful local produce the Mornington Peninsula has to offer.
The 800+ wine list has been hailed “one of the best in the country” and the wines we craft are internationally recognised for their quality and sense of place.
Who we are
Ten Minutes by Tractor is an award winning winery with a passion for producing premium cool climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay that can be enjoyed with great food.
The business started over 20 years ago and we have been very fortunate to bring together a group of talented people from across the world, who share our passion and love of what we do, to bring great wine and food together in a way that provides a memorable experience for our guests.
About the role
Reporting to the Head Sommelier, you will be an experienced Sommelier who is enthusiastic and passionate about fine dining and have the ability to provide guests with a range of wine selections and wine pairings to complement our tasting menus.
As a member of the restaurant team, you are collaborative and enjoy working and sharing ideas to further progress our overall service offering to guests delivering an exceptional experience and the highest standards of service.
The Sommelier will work closely with the Head Sommelier and support the administrative aspects of running the restaurant wine program which currently has 890 different wines, you will be efficient in POS systems, able to assist with stock control, cellar management and share your wine knowledge with the restaurant team.
Benefits and perks
- Immediate start
- Stunning job location
- An established brand with focus & vision
- Uncompromising drive for excellence
- Full-time role
- Ability to further develop your vineyard and wine knowledge
- 10 mins to beaches, 1 hour to Melbourne CBD
- Opportunity to progress to Assistant Head sommelier
Skills and experience
- Previous sommelier experience
- Exceptional service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Professionalism, punctual and well presented
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible working hours, weekends essential
- Genuine desire to evolve, adapt and progress your career
- WSET 3 or equivalent minimum required
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5989 6455.