Manage a diverse awarded wine list – 2019 Good Food Guide and Australian Gourmet Traveller Guide
Immerse yourself in Hobart – Australia’s newest food capital
Work for a company that values individual development
Landscape Restaurant and Grill creates unforgettable dining experiences in the heart of Hobart’s Hunter Street waterfront precinct. Our love for the exquisite produce of our island home has inspired our goal: to constantly push the benchmark for premium dining in Tasmania. Adding to the unique quality of our dishes is the unrivalled environment in which they’re served – the historic walls of the IXL jam factory, surrounded by the iconic art of John Glover.
Recently celebrating our two-year anniversary, Landscape is now well established in the Australian food scene. Part of this success is due to the ongoing commitment to one of Tasmania’s most recognised wine lists, recently awarded three goblets in the Good Food Guide and Australian Gourmet Traveller Guide.
We are now seeking a hospitality professional to join our team to further nurture and improve upon Landscape’s wine experience whilst providing your own flavour. You will have an established career immersed in wine knowledge and service – ideally with existing WSET and/or Sommelier qualifications, or on your way to gaining these. Our successful candidate will share in our passion for premium Tasmanian dining, and in conjunction with Executive Food and Beverage Manager will build our already strong team to create memorable guest experiences that delight every sense.
You will also have;
- Knowledge and experience with food and wine paring
- A great understanding of new and old world wines and managing a diverse wine list
- A natural desire to share your knowledge and take guests on a wine journey
- Experience with supplier relationships, procurement, stock controle and managing and working within budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships, and
- Highly developed wine knowledge (WSET Level 3 desirable) and/or formal Sommelier qualifications
- Experience with training food and beverage team members
- Availability to work evenings, and support the team across a varied roster including weekends
To apply, please email TourismHR@federalgroup.com.au with a covering letter and resume attached.
If you have any queries, please contact Chris Ontatzis on 6210 7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note candidates will be reviewed as they apply and an offer may be made prior to closing date.