If you have a passion for French, European & Australian wines, a great wine knowledge with a proven interest to learn and develop, then this is the role for you.
Steves is looking for a passionate sommelier to assist in the operations of our wine store, restaurant and award winning wine program across multiple venues.
Our clients come to us from all over Perth and the Eastern states for our knowledge, service and reputation for sourcing exceptional wines from around the world. The successful applicant must be able to bring a background of knowledge and an enthusiasm for fine wines to our clients, as well as excellent customer service across all aspects of the business.
Naturally, the successful applicant will be required to work across our trading hours, including weekends, evenings and the occasional public holiday. As a member of this hardworking and cohesive team, Steves will provide the support and opportunity to broaden your knowledge, create new experiences and assist in developing the applicant’s skills within the wine and hospitality industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering excellent customer service through effective communication, innovative sales techniques and good product knowledge.
- Providing support and being a team player in our on-premise service, in addition to selling to our on and off premise clients.
- Maintaining the presentation of the wine store.
- Assist the Group Wine Manager with the day to day operations of the wine program.
- Building relationships with new and existing clients through effective communication in person, online and over the phone.
- Experience working with POS (i.e. Bepoz) is highly desirable.
If you have at least 3+ years experience in a similar position and are ready to take a hands on role within an established team and iconic venue, then this position is for you.
Applicant should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.