Do you have strong wrangling, administration and social media skills, plus a love of connecting with wine and hospitality folk?
Are you looking to put your talents to good use!?
Sommeliers Australia is looking for a part time, Sydney-based NSW Events Coordinator to help keep our NSW Committee and their events schedule on track, plus work some social media magic. You must be able to work autonomously and within a team.
This role is perfect for someone already working in a hospitality, wine or related field, looking for more hours or to extend their repertoire.
Starting in October 2021, the position will be until the end of the year, and may be extended after this period.
The NSW Events Coordinator reports to the NSW and National Executive Committees, and liaises directly with these groups and the Executive Officer based in Melbourne.
The role is for approx. 6-8 hours per week, with hours to be invoiced fortnightly.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Event administration
- Event planning and co-ordination
- Handling enquiries
- Managing correspondence and NSW Committee meetings
- Website content and social media – writing content and scheduling posts
- Assist with managing memberships and sponsorship
- Assist with maintaining event financials
The ideal candidate for the role will:
- be proficient in Word, Excel and Word Press
- be proficient in English – spoken and written, including grammar
- be a self-starter with strong time management and organisational abilities
- be able to work autonomously and within a team
- have social media management/scheduling skills
- have an understanding of events planning/logistics
- have good wine knowledge
- have a good understanding of the Sydney hospitality/restaurant scene
The successful candidate will need an ABN so they can invoice for their hours worked.
If you think you have the skills that we need, and you would like review a job description or apply for the role, please contact Executive Officer Imbi Knappstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Sommeliers Australia
As a national, not-for-profit hospitality industry association, Sommeliers Australia is run by industry professionals who volunteer their valuable time and insights to deliver knowledge, education and skills to the hospitality industry and beyond.
Sommeliers Australia has a growing membership of hospitality, wine and beverage professionals, and enthusiasts, from highly motivated newcomers to the most experienced and recognised professionals in the industry.