Head Sommelier – Australian Wine List of the Year 2021, Grand Prix – Star Wine List of the Year 2021
Ten Minutes by Tractor is one of Australia’s leading producers of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay based on the Mornington Peninsula. In 2006, we opened our award winning restaurant and cellar door in its current location in Main Ridge – home to our three original home vineyards.
Our Restaurant opened in 2006 and was quickly recognised as one of the leading restaurants on the Peninsula. We have received awards for Best Wine List (2008 & 2021), Best Short Wine List (2012), Best Wine List in Australasia (2017) and 2 Hats (Good Food Guide) and 2 Stars (Gourmet Traveller) from 2013 until we were forced to close in 2018 due to a fire. Ten Minutes by Tractor has been at the forefront of fine dining on the Peninsula for over 15 years.
Reopened in November 2019, and then again in 2021 after the pandemic, our restaurant offers a choice of degustation menus showcasing local produce and wine matching options from our award winning team.
Our 1000+ wine list was recently recognised again as Australian Wine List of the Year for Regional Australia, Victoria and Australia. We were also awarded the Grand Prix – Star Wine List of the Year award for Australia; both wonderful achievements that we are very proud of, and which is hailed as “one of the best in the country”.
With the planned departure of our Head Sommelier at the end of July, we are looking to appoint a new Head Sommelier for our wine program over the coming months.
About the role
You will be an experienced Sommelier who is enthusiastic and passionate about fine dining and have the ability to provide guests with a range of wine selections and wine pairings to complement our tasting menus.
As a member of the restaurant team, you are collaborative and enjoy working and sharing ideas to further progress our overall service offering to guests delivering an exceptional experience and the highest standards of service.
The Head Sommelier will have responsibility for all administrative aspects of managing the wine program including; purchasing, curating the list, stock control, staff management and running wine service in the restaurant.
You will be efficient in POS systems, proficient in excel and pricing methodologies, able to manage stock control, cellar management and share your wine knowledge with the restaurant team.
Benefits and perks
- Immediate start with a planned transition of our current Head Sommelier over the coming 2-3 months
- Stunning job location
- An established brand with focus & vision
- Uncompromising drive for excellence
- Full-time role
- Ability to further develop your vineyard and wine knowledge
- 10 mins to beaches, 1 hour to Melbourne CBD
Skills and experience
- Previous experience running a wine program as Head Sommelier
- Exceptional service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Professionalism, punctual and well presented
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- 5 days, 2 nights, weekends essential
- Genuine desire to evolve, adapt and progress your career
- WSET 3 equivalent or higher required
- Hospitality management qualifications are desirable
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please send your resume to email@example.com