Introducing Pearl, a brand new Chablis and Oyster Bar concept opening in Melbourne CBD.
Pearl will offer Melbourne a never seen before exclusive taste of French wine from Burgundy, specialty appellation oysters and the highest quality selections of raw produce sourced within Australia. Created by a team dedicated to wine and local produce of the highest order, Pearl will elevate Melbourne’s bar and dining culture for everyone in an approachable way. Pearl pays homage to the perfect pairing of Oyster and Chablis; inspired by the fusion of two fine creations, intertwined for over a thousand years. The dining experience will be like no other, perfectly tuned to the modern palate and led by an award-winning team of Head Chef and Sommelier, who will take patrons on a journey of education, discovery and escapism. Join us in the craft of food where we delight the senses and journey on to unearthing the world’s greatest wines.
We are looking for a Head Sommelier to lead possibly the biggest Chablis list in the world.
Qualifications & experience
- Min 2 years experience in Hatted or equivalent rated restaurant
- Must have excellent knowledge on French Burgundy wines
- Must possess superior people skills
- WSET or equivalent wine program certification
Tasks & responsibilities
- Manage to up keep the largest Chablis list in the world
- Able to work independently
- Ability to engage with guests to deliver high quality service
- Manage COGs, Budgets and other administration requirements
- Manage a wine list with over 500 wines
- Create strong relationships with suppliers
- Able to report weekly to Directors
- Build a new wine member community.
- Organise private events, include in-house exclusive events for our members
- Opportunity to be one of the most important pillars in this new project.
- Beautiful, intimate and very rewarding workplace
- Excellent internal growth opportunities
- Work autonomously
- Present the biggest Chablis list in the world
- Great PR opportunities