Head Sommelier Position – do you want career Progression?
WHO WE ARE
• Donovans is an iconic restaurant right on the beach of St Kilda offering guests a memorable dining experience in Melbourne. With a bay side view, beautiful mediterranean inspired food and the special relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant, Donovans is where you will feel at home
• Privately owned, having just celebrates it’s 21st birthday, it has long been celebrated and identified with attentive, professional and friendly service.
• Donovans is a place to call home. A place to belong, feel welcome and create special memories.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
You will receive an attractive salary! The business will also help cover costs for further training and professional growth, a fixed roster with 2 consecutive days off – great work life balance.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• An individual with a strong focus on service and knowledge in both food and beverage.
• The want to drive and grow their wine knowledge further.
• An individual to challenge themselves in a 600 strong award wininng wine list.
• WSET Level 3 or higher and CMS training is desired but not essential.
• Previous Sommelier/Service experience with an attention to detail.
• The want to work with a professional team in an iconic Melbourne restaurant
THE ROLE: HEAD SOMMELIER
• Responsible for the wine service and sales.
• Delivering exceptional customer service when acting in the role of the restaurant’s Sommelier.
• Maintaining the accuracy of the wine list to an acceptable level at all times including re-prints when required.
• Maintaining accuracy of stock levels, locations and the restocking of wine storage areas.
• Assisting Function Co-Ordinators with wine selection for events and functions
If this is a role that you interests you and you feel that you have the personal touch on service and skillset we are looking for, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.