Blackbird Bar & Grill opened its doors in February 2014. Owned by the Ghanem Group, it has quickly grown to become Brisbane’s finest bar and restaurant. Blackbird restaurant features river views and two intimate private dining rooms. Our bar is situated on the Brisbane riverfront with 180 degree views of the Brisbane River, from the iconic Story Bridge to the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. Additionally, the venue is home to a lavishly designed Gatsby-inspired cocktail lounge which boasts our award-winning bartenders. In 2016 we added our Private dining and events space which holds a capacity of 500 people and with the same 180 degree views as our bar.
Since it’s opening Blackbird Bar & Grill has won multiple awards in wine and food.
– Good Food Guide Sommelier of the Year 2014, Penny Grant.
– GT Australian Wine list of the year awards 2016, 3 glass rating.
– Good Food Guide Wine list of the year 2016.
– Good Food Guide One Chefs Hat 2016
– GT Australian Wine list of the year awards 2017, Best QLD Wine list, 3 glass rating.
We currently have an Assistant Sommelier position available working closely with our dedicated team on Eagle Street pier.
Your main focus is to provide an exceptional level of service to our clientele. You will work closely with our Group Sommelier to help drive and develop the wine list. Most importantly you will help set a high standard of wine service throughout the venue.
• Previous Sommelier experience of 2 years or more; WSET or CMS is a bonus but not required.
• Excellent wine knowledge;
• Previous fine dining experience desirable however not essential;
• Exceptional customer’s service skills and presentation
This is a great opportunity to work with a close and dynamic team of highly qualified wine professionals. We provide weekly wine training with our Group Sommelier and ongoing career development with additional WSET education available.
All applicants please email firstname.lastname@example.org