A Sommelier is a person who is currently working in a hospitality environment involved in the service of wine/beverages, or a director of a wine program in a restaurant or venue.
A Sommelier would choose to be a member because they believe it will help in their own learning and career opportunities, and can see it as important to be part of an association that speaks for them and to them. It is not based on knowledge or experience, but rather involvement in the industry.
• Exclusive access to a range of specialised tastings for Sommelier only members;
• Free or discounted ticket prices to tastings and masterclasses;
• Discounted ticket prices to events such as the Wine Options Night, Gala Ball, Symposium;
• Only Sommelier Members can apply to enter the National Scholarship or other Competitions;
• Access to discounts and benefits listed on your Member Page, e.g. discounted subscription prices for Gourmet Wine magazine;
• Access to all e-newsletters and mailouts, and full access to all areas of the website;
• Sommelier Membership is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Cost: $125.00 (12 months -)
Please note - all fees quoted are in Australian dollars and membership is neither refundable or transferable unless there are exceptional circumstances.