Develop your Sommelier career with this unique opportunity to be part of a small team driving the direction of Wine at Jackalope Hotels.
WHO IS JACKALOPE?
Jackalope includes a 46-room hotel, combined with two restaurants, one being a cellar door with share dining and our very own Wines from Willow Creek. The atmosphere is vibrant!
The second restaurant (Doot Doot Doot) is a hatted restaurant that consists of a menu of a more modern approach, degustation offering, refined in service style. The wine list has a “3 glass” award from Wine List of the Year awards. The interior will have you immersed in the alchemy of the lighting feature. The open kitchen, will allow for Chefs to excite our guests.
The property also has an infinity pool overlooking the vineyard and a bar (Flaggerdoot) which offers an extensive cocktail & wine list.
Jackalope only recently opened & has since won the Gourmet Traveller – Best Hotel of the Year! This is the first of many Jackalope Hotels – be a part of the journey
- A unique opportunity to be part of the direction of wine at Jackalope hotels in a small team environment, allowing for a true mentorship from the Head Sommelier and other heads of department.
- A chance to have your say in the direction of the wine list and what you pour
- A monthly changing menu with evolving wine pairings to keep your palate sharp, and your knowledge honed
- Working closely with the head sommelier, you will be exposed to how the industry runs, learning back office skills, costings and how to write a balanced wine list
- Work along-side the wine team at the Willow Creek Vineyard to further expand your knowledge of the wine industry
- This position isn’t just another cog in the machine pouring wine; this is a true stepping stone to develop as a sommelier and progress to the next stage of your career
The right candidate will:
- CMS certified or WSET 2 -3
- A history of employment in establishments known for high levels of wine service
- International wine knowledge
- Previous experience in a hatted, Michelin or degustation restaurant
- strong focus on guest satisfaction
- Immaculate presentation and grooming
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a passion for service excellence, positive and self-motivated
- Thrive on guest engagement with excellent verbal communication skills
- Have an ability to generate ideas, think outside the square and propose solutions
- Most importantly, a humble individual who thrives on exceeding the guest’s expectations through their genuine demeanour.
Your shifts may include:
- Monday through to Sunday shifts – we are open 7 days a week
- The busiest days are Saturday & Sunday and therefore please expect to be rostered on the weekends primarily
You will have access to:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discounted dining
- Discounted wine
- Complimentary stays in the hotel
- Regular social events and an annual charity event
- Benefits for family and friends
- Uniforms provided
- A recognition program that rewards excellence
- Career opportunities with future hotels planned
- RSA – Must attain Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate.
- WORKING RIGHTS – All candidates must have full working rights within Australia.
We look forward to receiving your application! APPLY NOW!
To apply please email a cover letter and your cv to email@example.com
HYGIENE AND GROOMING – Naturally in the service industry high standards of personal presentation, hygiene & grooming are of the greatest importance. This must be present throughout the interview stage.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Jackalope is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining and inclusive culture.
YOU COULD BE AS PROUD AS WE ARE!
Awards & Recognition Jackalope Hotel has received:
- Hotel of the Year – Gourmet Traveller Hotel Awards 2017
- New Hotel of the Year – Gourmet Traveller Hotel Awards 2017
- Regional Hotel of the Year – Gourmet Traveller Hotel Awards 2017
- 2017 Melbourne Design Award – Jackalope Hotel, Gold Winner for Architecture – Commercial – Constructed
- Conde Nast Traveller Hot List for 2017
- Media Releases of Jackalope Hotel:
- Sydney Morning Heard
- The Age
- The Telegraph
- Architecture media outlets
- The Weekly Review
- The Australian
- Qantas Magazine
- Marie Claire
- Australian Traveller
- Good Food
- Belle Magazine
- Delicious Magazine
- Many more!!